Applying for uni through UAC

You can apply for undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework) study through UAC if you are:

  • an Australian or New Zealand citizen
  • a permanent resident of Australia
  • the holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.

You can also apply for undergraduate study through UAC if you're an international student undertaking one of the following qualifications:

  • an Australian Year 12 in or outside Australia in 2017
  • an International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2017 or May 2018
  • a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 in 2017.

Everyone else needs to apply directly to the uni.

The UAC application process

  1. Go to Current Applicants and identify yourself as an undergraduate, international or postgraduate applicant and select the appropriate application button.
  2. Enter your personal details.
  3. Provide details of your studies and qualifications.
  4. Select your course preferences.
  5. Accept the applicant declaration and pay for your application.
  6. Log in to your application to keep track and change your preferences if you want to.
  7. Log in to check your offers.    

Applying directly to the uni

Some of our participating institutions also take direct applications, which you can have in addition to your UAC application.

If you complete both a UAC application and a direct application, make sure you don’t duplicate your course preferences. If you do, you will be automatically assessed as ‘not eligible’ for an offer to that course in your UAC application. This ensures you don’t receive two offers to the same course. So make the most of both applications and choose different preferences in each.

If you receive an offer through your direct application, you can still receive an offer through your UAC application. Check with the uni as to how and when it will make its direct offers.