Have your qualifications assessed before you apply for uni

UAC will assess your qualifications as part of the standard application assessment process. You can have your qualifications assessed before you apply through UAC’s Qualifications Assessment Service (QAS) if, for example:

  • you want to find out if you are likely to be eligible for tertiary study
  • you are applying direct to an institution that requires you to provide a qualifications assessment statement (eg applications for graduate entry to University of Sydney Medical School and at the Australian Defence Force Academy).

Our assessments:

  • are not an application for study at UAC’s participating institutions
  • are a guide only and UAC’s participating institutions are not bound by the assessments
  • are valid as at the date of issue and based on the confidential common assessment procedures and guidelines approved by UAC’s participating institutions
  • are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the disclaimer
  • cost $128 (GST incl.) and usually take one to two weeks.

Request an assessment


You can log in to your assessment request to check and change your details.

University of Sydney's Graduate Medicine/Dentistry programs

Applications closed at midnight on Monday 28 May 2018.

Qualifications you can have assessed

UAC can assess the following:

  • completed Year 12-level studies
  • tertiary and post-secondary studies, including technical and vocational studies
  • the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
  • tertiary preparation courses
  • professional qualifications, including hospital-based nursing certificates and professional body awards.

We do not assess work experience.

Providing supporting documents

After you’ve applied, a document cover sheet will be generated with your Confirmation of Application if there are any documents that you’ll need to supply to UAC. Follow the instructions on your document cover sheet if you wish to mail or deliver these documents to UAC. You must provide your official academic transcripts and your certificate/s of award/s if completed. You must also provide official proof of change of name (eg marriage certificate) for any documents that are in another name.