Current applicants

If you have a disability

If you have a disability and are having problems with the UAC application process, contact us or write to the Equity Unit, UAC, Locked Bag 112, Silverwater NSW 2128, Australia. We will help you through the application process.

Institutions can provide services and assessment adjustments for students who have disabilities and ongoing illnesses that affect their studies. However, they do not guarantee that applicants with a disability will be offered a place in a course.

Institutions use the term 'disability' to include a wide range of illnesses as well as physical, sensory, learning and psychiatric disabilities.

If you have a disability or an ongoing illness that may disadvantage you during your studies, we encourage you to include this information in your application. Any information you provide will not affect your application for admission; it will be seen only by disability services staff and will help the institution meet your education needs should you be offered a place in one of their courses.

Institutions may be able to provide note takers, personal readers, examination provisions, learning assistance, alternative assessment methods and academic material in alternative formats. Some institutions may provide parking for holders of Roads and Maritime Services Mobility Parking Scheme permits.

Speak to disability services staff at the institutions for information and advice about preparing for study. 

Download the undergraduate disability services staff contact list.

Download the postgraduate disability services staff.

Visit the Get Ready for Uni website for information on making the move from school to university for students with disabilities. 

You may also be eligible for Educational Access Schemes (EAS).