International College of Management, Sydney

International students

General admission requirements

International Year 12 students applying for admission through UAC will generally need to meet the following minimum requirements:

  • an Australian Higher School Certificate (HSC) (or equivalent) with a minimum Band 2 in English Standard or English EAL/D and any one of the following: Mathematics Standard 2, Business Studies, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Legal Studies, Financial Services. Business Services
  • a completed IB Diploma with a score of 24
  • a successful completion of New Zealand Year 13 with a minimum of 42 course credits at Level 3 or above.

Additional selection criteria

Student applications may also be considered the following:

  • completion of a Certificate IV qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) or an equivalent AQF level 4 or above qualification.

In these circumstances, students may be requested to attend an application interview.


The fees payable upon acceptance of offer must be paid before ICMS will issue a student with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). Fees are then invoiced each trimester. Course fees only cover the cost of your tuition – they do not include other expenses associated with study at ICMS such as accommodation, books, equipment and living expenses. 

Your Letter of Offer will list the fees payable, including compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover. The tuition fee must be paid in advance for each trimester or teaching period. Fees are reviewed annually. To find out more about course fees and fees policy, visit the ICMS website

Your stay in Australia

It is a requirement of the Department of Home Affairs that prospective international students can demonstrate that they have sufficient funds while living in Australia. Living costs include items such as:

  • accommodation (including rental bond)
  • electricity and/or gas
  • entertainment
  • food
  • personal and household items
  • telephone and internet bills
  • transport (bus/train).

For more information, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

The Department of Home Affairs determines work entitlement for students.

To find out more, visit the Australian Government's Study Australia website.

Before you are granted a student visa, the Australian Government must be satisfied that you have appropriate accommodation, support and general welfare arrangements in place for the period that you will be under 18 years of age while in Australia.

To find out more about Australian Government requirements, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

ICMS remains committed to the academic success and emotional wellbeing of its students. The College has an extensive range of professional support networks in place. These professionals cater for our College's diverse range of cultures and ages.

The ICMS Student Success Centre (SSC) provides free support services to help you excel in your studies, and offers:

  • academic and study skills support
  • English language support
  • numeracy support
  • wellness support
  • special academic needs support
  • Studiosity: 24 hour online academic support
  • a supportive team
  • a warm and friendly atmosphere.

ICMS offers additional tutoring and mentoring services delivered by fellow students. This is an optional service available to students seeking extra support in certain subjects.

Australia is generally regarded as one of the safest countries in the world. However, it is still important that you look after yourself in your new country.

  • Get overseas health cover (OSHC). Either you can arrange this yourself or ICMS can arrange this for you. Your Letter of Offer will have more information about this.
  • Think about getting private health insurance for those things that OSHC does not cover
  • Consider travel insurance for things like missed flights and lost luggage.

You may also need home and contents insurance for your belongings or vehicle insurance if you intend to have a car in Australia.

*Check with the Department of Home Affairs to find out if special arrangements apply to you and if you are exempt from the requirement to purchase OSHC.

To find out more, visit the Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs website.

You can set up a bank account before or after you arrive in Australia. You’ll need your eCoE (Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment), passport, letter of offer and ID.

If you plan to work, you will also need to apply for a Tax File Number.

To find out more, visit the Australian Government's Department of Home Affairs website.

General information for International College of Management, Sydney


International College of Management, Sydney
151 Darley Road, Manly NSW 2095
Level 4, 451 Pitt Street, Haymarket NSW 2000

View all campus locations


1800 110 490 (freecall within Australia)

+61 2 9466 1240

View all contact details

Important dates

Academic calendar

Other scholarships & schemes