SAE Creative Media Institute

International students

As an international student completing one of the following qualifications in 2022, you will apply for admission through UAC and will generally be selected on the basis of your performance in these studies (ie your ATAR or equivalent):

  • an Australian Year 12 qualification (either outside or in Australia)
  • an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
  • a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3.

SAE Creative Media Institute may take any or all of your qualifications or attempts at study into account.

International applicants applying for admission on the basis of qualifications other than those listed above must apply directly to SAE, not through UAC.

Learn more about SAE's application and admission criteria


Tuition fees and other costs will be quoted on your SAE course offer letter. All cost quoted are an estimate only and may be subject to change.

Learn more about SAE tuition fees

Your stay in Australia

It is a requirement of the Department of Home Affairs that prospective international students can demonstrate they have sufficient funds while living in Australia. Living costs include items such as:

  • accommodation (including rental bond)
  • electricity and/or gas
  • entertainment
  • food
  • personal and household items
  • telephone and internet bills
  • transport (bus/train/tram/ferry).

Read more about Australian living costs

During your stay in Australia, you are permitted to work for up to 48 [SA1] hours per fortnight during teaching periods, and unlimited hours outside teaching periods.

Certain categories of voluntary, unpaid work are included in this total, and work undertaken as part of your course is not included. You should not rely on working to fund your tuition or living expenses while in Australia as work cannot be guaranteed and spending excessive amounts of time working may adversely affect your studies.

Read more about working while studying

SAE offers a range of support services to assist you throughout your studies. The most important thing to remember is to ask for assistance. Our Student Services Team are always more than happy to help.

Read more about International Student Support at SAE

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a mandatory requirement of your student visa. OSHC gives you peace of mind knowing your health will be looked after you can easily access medical services while you are in Australia.

The Australian Government requires that you have continuous OSHC for the entire length of your stay in Australia. So when you purchase OSHC, you’ll need to pay your policy premium upfront to cover you for the length of the student visa you’re applying for.

How to get overseas student health cover

General information for SAE Creative Media Institute


Sydney Campus
SAE Creative Media Institute
39 Regent Street, Chippendale NSW 2008

View all campus locations


1800 SAE EDU (1800 723 338) - freecall
(02) 8241 5200

View all contact details

Important dates

Academic calendar

Entry schemes via UAC

Schools Recommendation Schemes