University of Sydney

Student and campus services

The University of Sydney has a wide range of support services and facilities available to all students, to help you reach your academic and personal potential and make the most of student life.

Whether you are in need of study or career advice, disability support, counselling, financial support or healthcare the Student Life team can help.

Student life at the University of Sydney

The University of Sydney has teachers, researchers and students based all over Australia. The main campus is in Darlington/Camperdown in inner Sydney and includes six libraries, art galleries, historical museums and the following faculties and schools.

  • Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning
  • Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
  • University of Sydney Business School
  • Faculty of Engineering
  • Sydney Law School
  • Faculty of Medicine and Health
  • Faculty of Science

Camden campus houses Veterinary Science and Agriculture students and researchers with access to an extensive network of farms and research units.

Located in the Royal Botanic Gardens near the Sydney Opera House, The Sydney Conservatorium of Music (‘The Con’) is a world-leading music school with five concert halls, recording studios, and performance spaces with the latest acoustic technology.

Both the Business School and Law School run some classes in our Sydney CBD location.

Sydney Medical School has staff based in different teaching hospitals and specialist clinics across NSW, such as Broken Hill University Department of Rural Health, School of Rural Health (Dubbo and Orange), Concord Clinical School and Nepean Clinical School.

The Westmead Precinct is the centre of health services, research and education in Western Sydney and home to around 2,000 students conducting study, research or clinical placements, as well as close to 1,000 staff members and affiliates. Faculties and schools with a presence at Westmead include the Faculty of Medicine and Health, Sydney Dental School, Sydney Medical School, Sydney School of Public Health and Sydney Nursing School.

Our Faculty of Science oversees One Tree Island Research Station, the world’s only research station licensed to facilitate teaching and research on the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef.

Campus locations

The University provides services and facilities to encourage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in all aspects of student life.

Ongoing academic, social and cultural support is offered through the Gadigal Centre Student Support Team, the Yooroang Garang Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student Support Centre, the Mentoring Our Brothers and Sisters (MOBS) program and the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS).

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander support services

There are dedicated support services and adjustments for students with disabilities and special needs to ensure equal access to learning. It is recommended that you register for support as soon as you have accepted your course offer to ensure that it is in place at the beginning of semester.

Disability support services

Accommodation Services manage University-owned on- and off-campus accommodation, providing a community to students from all over Australia and the world.

Student accommodation

Independently run residential colleges provide furnished rooms, prepared meals, a laundry service, the opportunity to compete in inter-college games, and a support network. A direct application to each college is required. If you intend to stay at one of the colleges, you are strongly advised to apply for college accommodation at the same Mme you apply to UAC.

Residential colleges

Student Wellbeing and Counselling offer a range of confidential and free health, wellbeing and personal supports. The team is made up of a dedicated team of health professionals, including psychologists and counsellors, who work alongside students to identify options, navigate and access support services, and to develop the skills required for personal, professional and academic success.

The University Health Service offers bulk-billed telehealth or in-person appointments with General Practitioners and provides vaccinations by appointment five days a week. The Darlington campus also has a dentist, chiropractor, physiotherapist, optometrist, and a chemist.

Health services

General information for The University of Sydney


Student Centre, level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building
(enter from City Road), The University of Sydney,
NSW 2006

View all campus locations


1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864 - freecall)

View all contact details

Important dates

Academic calendar

Entry schemes via UAC

Educational Access Schemes

Financial assistance

Equity Scholarships