UAC application number and PIN FAQ
If you've lost or forgotten your UAC PIN you can use Check & Change to have it sent to you by email – access Check & Change and enter your UAC application number – or you can call us on 1300 275 822 (from mobiles on (02) 9752 0200 or from overseas on +61 2 9752 0200) between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Sydney local time) Monday to Friday.
Your UAC application number has nine digits and is issued when you apply. Your Confirmation of Application will also include your UAC application number. You'll need your UAC application number to use Check & Change and to check your offer.
Your UAC Personal Identification Number (PIN) has four digits. You'll need your UAC PIN to apply (if you're a 2014 NSW HSC or ACT Year 12 applicant), to use Check & Change, to check your offer and to check your ATAR.
Remember to keep your UAC PIN in a safe and secure place and don't give your UAC PIN to anyone else. We recommend that you change your UAC PIN using Check & Change after you've applied.
2014 NSW & ACT applicants
You will receive a UAC PIN by mail to your home address in August 2014.
2014 Australian interstate Year 12/IB applicants/non-Year 12 applicants
Your UAC PIN is the first four digits of your date of birth. For example, if your birthday is 3 October, your UAC PIN is 0310; if your birthday is 17 May, your UAC PIN is 1705.
Check that you're using the correct number. If you are a 2014 NSW HSC student, check that you are using your UAC PIN and not your Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW PIN.
If you're using the correct number and still experiencing difficulties, you can call us on 1300 275 822, from mobiles: (02) 9752 0200 and from overseas: +61 2 9752 0200 between 8.30am and 4.30pm (Sydney local time) Monday to Friday.
If you've printed your Confirmation of Application, your UAC application number will be on this.
You can have your UAC application number re-issued by calling UAC between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Sydney local time) on 1300 275 822, from mobiles: (02) 9752 0200 and from overseas: +61 2 9752 0200. You'll be asked some identification questions. If your details match our database we'll re-issue your UAC application number over the phone.
1. You can have your UAC PIN emailed to you if you have completed the personal details section of your application and received your UAC application number. You don't need to have submitted the application.
To receive your UAC PIN via email choose 'continue your application' in Apply or just go to Check & Change. Enter your UAC application number, select 'forgotten your UAC PIN?' and follow the prompts.
2. Call us between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday (Sydney local time) on 1300 275 822, from mobiles: (02) 9752 0200 and from overseas: +61 2 9752 0200 and get your UAC PIN over the phone. You'll be asked some identification questions and if your details match our database your UAC PIN will be re-issued over the phone. If they don't match, you'll be asked to write to UAC to ask for your UAC PIN to be re-issued, or you can visit UAC in person.
Address postal correspondence to:
Locked Bag 112
Silverwater NSW 2128
Include the following details:
- a copy of photo identification
- your Australian daytime telephone number
- your signature.
We need several working days to re-issue your UAC PIN so send your request well before you need to use your UAC PIN.
3. Come in to UAC to get your UAC PIN. If you visit UAC to have your UAC PIN re-issued, you'll need photo identification.