The Graduate Diploma of Applied Data Analytics is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) degree that provides students with:
- exposure to best practice in data analytics
- cutting edge courses in areas of relevance to data analytics practitioners
- an opportunity to deepen knowledge in one of the three areas of computation, statistics, or social science
- professional development for practicing data analytics professionals
- the opportunity to undertake research of professional relevance.
The program will be taught in intensive blended mode, with 4 weeks online, 1 week in person, and a further 4 weeks online. Students must attend the 1 week in person in Canberra. Students are expected to be enrolled part-time.
Completion of one of the following:
- bachelor degree with honours or international equivalent with a GPA of 4.0/7.0
- bachelor degree or international equivalent with a GPA of 4.0/7.0 plus one year of relevant work experience
- bachelor degree or international equivalent with a GPA of 5.0/7.0
Unless otherwise indicated, ANU will accept all Australian Qualifications Framework
qualifications or international equivalents that meet or exceed the published admission requirements of our programs, provided all
other admission requirements are also met. Where an applicant has more than one completed tertiary qualification, ANU will base
assessment on the qualification that best meets the admission requirements for the program.
Applicants without the bachelor degree minimum requirements
Applicants who do not have a bachelor degree with a GPA of 5.0 or a bachelor degree with honours with a minimum GPA of 4.0 must provide a curriculum vitae (CV), including employment history (duties, responsibilities, hours, name and nature of employer) and the contact details of two referees. Upload your CV, including the contact details of two referees from your workplace/s, as a PDF within the UAC application.
Contact the College if you have any queries regarding the application requirements.
ANU uses a 7-point grade point average (GPA) scale. All qualifications submitted for admission at ANU will be converted to this
common scale, which will determine if an applicant meets our published admission requirements. Find out how a 7-point GPA is calculated for
Unless otherwise indicated, where an applicant has more than one completed tertiary qualification, ANU will calculate the GPA for
each qualification separately. ANU will base assessment on the best GPA of all completed tertiary qualifications that are eligible to be
Course credit or exemption
For information about course credit for previous studies, see the program
entry or read about course credit or exemption on the ANU website.