Admission requirements may include the qualifications, studies or experience listed below. Read about those applicable to you:
- your results in your secondary studies in Australia or overseas, including the International Baccalaureate
- your results in your tertiary studies in Australia or overseas
- alternative entry pathways such as tertiary preparation courses for applicants without formal qualifications
- pathway courses for applicants who don't meet the entry requirements for their degree course
- your employment experience.
Remember, each institution sets its own admission requirements – read individual institution entries for details.
You may also need to demonstrate your English language proficiency if you do not have an assessable qualification, undertaken in English, from a nominated country.
Qualifications Assessment Service (QAS)
If you're concerned about how your qualifications will be assessed, UAC's Qualifications Assessment Service (QAS) can assess your available qualifications before you apply.
Special requirements for certain courses
For some courses there may be tests you have to take before you are eligible to apply or special requirements you need to fulfil:
- For health-related and teacher education courses there are special requirements and policies set by the NSW Government.
- The Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) is mandatory for medicine and some health science degrees.
- The Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) may be mandatory for a small number of courses.
- There may be additional selection criteria for your course. Check for details in the individual course descriptions available through the course search.
- If you are completing the NSW HSC, check individual course descriptions for any course prerequisites. For interstate students, read interstate course prerequisites to see how your courses compare to NSW HSC subjects.
For interstate students, our subject comparison information allows you to correlate NSW Higher School Certificate subjects and results with those from other states.
If you're applying on the basis of overseas qualifications, contact your institutions to discuss your eligibility for admission before applying through UAC.
If you don't meet the entry requirements for a degree course, or need further support before studying at degree level, most institutions offer pathway options.