Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS)
Applications for SRS will open on Wednesday 5 August 2015
and close on Wednesday 30 September 2015.
Schools Recommendation Schemes (SRS) are one way institutions make early offers to current Australian Year 12 students who have applied for undergraduate admission through UAC.
SRS offers are:
- made in early December, before ATARs are released
- made only to first preferences
SRS aim to assist access to higher education for current Australian Year 12 students using a wide range of selection criteria, including school recommendations, senior secondary studies and personal awards and achievements.
Institutions have their own policies on determining SRS eligibility and making offers. These approaches may include:
- making early offers based solely on SRS criteria
- making offers based on both SRS criteria and ATAR (or equivalent)
- making offers based on SRS criteria and ATAR (or equivalent) and equity criteria.
SRS are open to
All Year 12 applicants who are attempting:
- an Australian Year 12 qualification in 2015, or
- an International Baccalaureate in Australia in 2015
- UAC applicants for undergraduate admission for 2015–16
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident of Australia or holder of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
International students can't apply for SRS.
More information about SRS will be available over the coming months.