How and when to apply
UAC's online application takes around 30 minutes to complete.
You can only submit one application to UAC Postgraduate. If you change your mind about the courses you are applying for, you can change your preferences using Check & Change. Your application is valid until July 2017.
Before you apply, make sure you have an up-to-date browser and that you can access Apply – remember to do this well before closing dates.
How to apply
To complete the application you'll need:
- your personal details (name, address, email address, telephone number)
Make sure the name you enter on your application matches the name on your official ID (birth certificate, citizenship documents, passport). You'll need your ID when you enrol and there may be problems if the name on your ID doesn't match your offer letter. Also ensure your email address is correct and don't use a shared email address. After you apply you'll need to check your email regularly for updates on your application.
- details of your studies and qualifications, such as Australian or overseas Year 12 qualification/s (including school name, name of qualification, year completed and any student numbers); current and previous preparatory courses; and both complete and incomplete certificate, diploma and degree studies (including your student number, the name of the qualification and the years you attended). You'll need to declare all your studies, even if you've applied through UAC before.
- your Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) details, if relevant
- details of your professional awards
- details of full-time paid employment experience of one year or more, if required
- your previous UAC application number and UAC PIN if you've applied in the last three years and wish to carry your qualifications forward
- a list of your chosen course codes
Check the course search for exact closing dates. If a course is listed as closed you won't be able to add it to your preferences. You can choose up to nine courses.
- access to a printer for important documents – Confirmation of Application and payment receipt.
- a way to pay for your application.
You have a number of options to pay for the processing charge: credit/debit card (MasterCard and Visa), PayPal, Australia Post Billpay or BPAY (in Australia only). All fees paid to UAC in connection with your application are not refundable under any circumstances except as required by law.
Be aware that you'll need to accept a declaration at the end of your application.
When to apply
Apply is available between 7.30am and midnight (Sydney time), seven days a week.
The main and final closing dates for each course are listed in the course search.
Apply by the main closing date to guarantee that your application will be considered. If you apply after the main closing date listed, your application will only be considered if there are places still available.