Subject bonus points
Some UAC institutions may allocate bonus points in recognition of your performance in Year 12 subjects that are relevant to the course/s for which you have applied. These are subject bonus points.
Bonus points do not change your ATAR; they change your selection rank for a particular course or institution. As the bonus points schemes for each institution, and often for each course, are different, your selection rank can be different for each course you list in your course preferences.
You may need to have a minimum ATAR before you are eligible to receive any bonus points – check the information from each institution carefully to see if it has a minimum ATAR requirement.
If you're an interstate student, you can check which NSW HSC subjects are comparable to your Year 12 subjects, and how results in your subjects compare to results in NSW HSC subjects.
A list of the institutions that will allocate subject bonus points for 2016–17 admissions will be available in early November 2016.
As a guide, these institutions allocated subject bonus points automatically for 2015–16 admissions:
- Australian Catholic University
- Australian National University
- Griffith University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- University of Canberra
- University of Newcastle
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Wollongong
- UNSW Australia
- Western Sydney University
All other institutions considered students individually. Contact them for more information:
- Australian College of Applied Psychology
- Australasian College of Natural Therapies
- Australian Maritime College
- Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University
- Charles Sturt University
- International College of Management, Sydney
- Jansen Newman Institute
- Macleay College
- MIT Sydney
- National Art School
- SAE Creative Media Institute
- Southern Cross University
- Torrens University Australia (including APM College)
- University of New England
- University of Sydney
- William Blue College of Hospitality Management